Sunday, March 13, 2011

Leaping, er, Crawling over a Wall

Yard sale accomplished.

David says in the Psalms that with God he can leap over any wall. I'm just glad to have crawled over mine, with the help of some very wonderful women who busted their butts to help me this past weekend. I will be forever grateful for their love, laughter, prayers, support and hard work to help make this weekend more-than-tolerable, and successful, too!

One wall down, another one follows close behind...the aftermath. Packing up what didn't sell. Posting the bigger ticket items on craigslist, and praying they sell. And of course, packing up what we're keeping in order to move. Thankfully another wonderful woman is coming to my aid this week...for an entire week...to help me get over that wall.

The Lord does indeed give us what we need to conquer our mountains, and often it's through His people. Could I have done this on my own? I really don't think so. I'm glad I didn't have to find out.

So today as I head out to worship with my church family for one of the last times, my heart is full of thanksgiving for those He sent to help me. I might not be able to *leap* over my walls at the moment, but maybe a little leap of joy will be possible.

"For by You I can run upon a troop; and by my God I can leap over a wall." - Psalm 18:29

3 comments:

  1. Lead worship? Is this what I think it is? I hope yes!!! Blessings upon blessings to you Nina. You are in my prayers for today. I love you! I so wish I could be there for an entire week to help. I'm so thankful for those who are there. Love, Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! I think your brain and heart inserted the word "lead" in there. :) I was just heading out for church when I wrote the entry...heading out to worship, but not to lead. I would certainly love to have that opportunity; praying that I'll be able to do that, or to at least sing a song to say goodbye. We shall see! I appreciate the encouragement!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well darn.....yes my heart put it there I'm sure. Fooey! I'm still praying for that!! :)

    ReplyDelete