Monday, October 25, 2010

Pondering Tucson

Things I will miss:
More than 350 days of sunshine a year (the most in the U.S.!!)
The majesty of the mountains (especially the Catalinas which we see from our home)
Amazing sunsets
The shadows of the clouds and the sunsets changing the color of the Catalinas
Mexican Bird of Paradise flowers
Cacti (especially sahuaros and prickly pears when laden with fruit)
Eegee's (fruit slushies only found in Tucson)
Lightning storms
Left turn arrows *after* the green light, not before (makes so much more sense!!)

Things I won't miss:
Oppressive heat (avg. of 55 days over 100 per year...mostly in the summer)
Rain in the summer (everyone loves the monsoons, except for me!)
Lack of freeway to travel across town
Having a non-hub airport (much fewer flight options)
The long drive to Phoenix if I want to go to a "big city" event.
The accidents on the road
Snowbirds

I might think of more later, but that's all for now!








2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Nina. I also miss the smell of the desert after a rain. Roadrunners and cactus wrens! :) The beautiful Mexican style homes in some of the older neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, if we live in SF, the lack of crosstown freeway will still be an issue. But we will be right there for the Big City events!

    I will miss monsoons.

    ReplyDelete