Saturday, October 23, 2010

Clueless

Lots of people (including me) have questions about our move, so here is the catch-all answer:

I DON'T KNOW

This applies to: the town in which we will live, when we will officially move, if we are going to sell or rent out our house, when I am going to leave my job, when I am going to officially move, where Glenn is going to live while he's in CA and I'm not, where we will go to church, if I will get a job when I get to CA...I'm sure there are other things I can't think of at the moment.

It's really quite something to know so little about my own life.

Ultimately, the answer lies in one of my favorite quotes -- "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all-knowing God."

"Ignorance is bliss" sounds pretty good at this point, too.










5 comments:

  1. when you do know, best wishes in your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some other good quotes from Corrie:

    1. "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." – Corrie Ten Boom “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie Ten Boom...
    2. Joy runs deeper than despair Corrie Ten Boom Joy runs deeper than despairJoyQuotations by Corrie Ten Boom...
    3. The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation. Corrie Ten Boom The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.Life and LivingQuotations by Corrie Ten Boom...
    4. Let God’s promises shine on your problems. Corrie Ten Boom Let God’s promises shine on your problems.ProblemsQuotations by Corrie Ten Boom...
    5. Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear. Corrie Ten Boom Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear.WorryQuotations by Corrie Ten Boom...
    6. Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength. Corrie Ten Boom Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.WorryQuotations by Corrie Ten Boom...
    7. "Without faith, hope and trust, there is no promise for the future, and without a promising future, life has no direction, no meaning and no justification." – Adlin Sinclair “Without faith, hope and trust, there is no promise for the future, and without a promising future, life has no direction, no meaning and no justification.” – Adlin Sinclair...

    I don't know who Adlin Sinclair is but it was on the end of her quotes. I especially like number 6. Hugs, love and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why they are written twice but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the quotes, Chrissy.

    And yes, Anonymous, looking forward to being back in the land of Clarke's burgers.

    ReplyDelete