Thursday, March 15, 2012

What She Said

In today's reading, Tricia Rhodes said so beautifully what I have been trying to say for years (bold is mine for emphasis):
"I cherish Easter celebrations. In them we embrace our victory in Christ, power over forces of darkness, and the hope implanted within us through the Holy Spirit. But I don't want to rush past the Cross to get there. The depth of my appreciation for those glorious truths will be directly related to my comprehension of Christ's bloody battle for my sins on Calvary."

She ended with this prayer from The Book of Common Worship :

"Forbid, O God, that we should forget amid our earthly comforts, the pain and mortal anguish that our Lord Jesus endured for our salvation. Grant us this day a true vision of all that He suffered in His betrayal, His lonely agony, His false trial, His mocking and scourging, and the torture of death on the Cross. As you have given Yourself utterly for us, may we give ourselves utterly to You, O Jesus Christ, our only Lord and Savior. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment