Saturday, March 24, 2012

In His Palm

Tonight I had the privilege of praying for a friend, using the ministry of Formational Prayer, something for which I received a fair amount of training a few years ago. I've not had many opportunities to use my training for awhile, however the good people at the Institute of Formational Counseling were thoughtful enough to put together a "cheat sheet" to help we feeble-minded ones remember what to do.

Once we got going, I had that indescribable feeling of being in the center of God's palm -- when I know I'm doing exactly what I was created to do. (I often feel that way when I'm leading worship, too.) It's not that I have *command* of what I'm doing...in fact, it's often quite the opposite. But I know I'm partnering with God to bring about His purposes in the life of the person as I listen to them and gently guide them into His presence. It is more than a privilege, and every single time, I come away filled with awe at how God moves and LOVES. He is so specific to show Himself and speak exactly how and what the person needs to see and hear in that moment. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

To watch God work in someone's life as He goes to the deep places of their soul and brings healing by replacing lies with truth, bringing comfort to pain, erasing confusion with clarity, with an "aha moment" or two as dots are connected...it's a rush like no other. I can't imagine anything better than helping people pursue spiritual and emotional health and wholeness so they can walk in freedom to be who they are meant to be in Christ.

I go to bed tonight exceedingly grateful for this upward/outward/inward healing journey...to be able to help others on their journeys while I continue on my own.

And in this Lenten season, I am ever more grateful for, and mindful of, the wounds that heal us.

He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our sins; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him. And by His wounds we are healed. - Isaiah 53:5





No comments:

Post a Comment