Monday, November 22, 2010

Over the River and through the Woods...

...to Grandmother's house we go! Well, to my kids' grandmother, anyway.

Aside from Jake, who is in Australia, the rest of us will be crisscrossing our way through California and Arizona. Not sure there have ever been these many logistics in our family for one holiday:

-- Caleb and Jessica left this morning to drive to So. Cal. They're having a separate time with Grandma and Grandpa due to Caleb needing to be back here Weds. night for work.

-- Tomorrow night I will get on Amtrak a bit before 11:30, and with the help of Ambien, sleep my way to southern California. My parents-in-law will pick me up at the train station Weds. morning and the plan is to breakfast together, hopefully with Caleb and Jessica before they drive back to AZ!

-- Glenn will be taking Amtrak from No. Cal. to So. Cal. and will arrive late at night on Wednesday.

-- After Thanksgiving, Glenn and I will Amtrak (is that even a verb?) together from So. to No. and I'll stay up there for a week until I fly back to AZ.

I'm just glad we don't have to travel by horse-drawn sleigh through snow to make all of this happen. But I still find myself humming the song as I do laundry and prepare for the trip.

:)

1 comment: